Developing Intercultural Skills - a series of interactive workshops with Bridge Builders Network
A 5-week workshop series with live webinars, eLearning and experiential learning assignments. Starting Saturday, March 13 @10am.
Each workshop has a single topic and can be attended without attending previous workshops. (You’ll learn the most out of the series when you attend all workshops, they do build on one another.)
Topics & Dates
(We're skipping Easter weekend)
1. Understanding Worldviews & Cultures – Saturday, March 13
2. Worldview & Crossing Cultures in the Bible – Saturday, March 20
3. Effective Intercultural Communication – Saturday, March 27
4. Addressing Intercultural Conflict – Saturday, April 10
5. Best Practices for BBN – Saturday, April, 17
1. Understanding Worldviews & Cultures (75 min.)
Saturday, March 13 @10am
- Learn about the basic worldviews, Honor/Shame, Innocence/Guilt and Power/Fear.
- What are they, how do we recognize them? How do they influence our thinking, speaking and acting?
- What is my worldview like? Take the survey.
- How can I start adjusting my behavior for better interactions?
2. Worldview & Crossing Cultures in the Bible (75 min.)
Saturday, March 20 @10am
- Where do the three worldviews show up in the Bible?
- What do they teach us about different aspects of salvation?
3. Effective Intercultural Communication (75 min.)
Saturday, March 27 @10am
- Different communication types (verbal, non-verbal, direct, indirect)
- Practice direct and indirect communication
4. Addressing Intercultural Conflict (75 min.)
Saturday, April 10 @10am
- How cultures make up.
- Different preferences to resolve conflict.
- Practice conflict resolution.
5. Best Practices for BBN (75 min.)
Saturday, April, 17 @10am
- Panel discussion
Each workshop is a mix of reflection, discussion, discovery and some teaching. The focus of the facilitator-led time on Zoom is on building skills and processing learning together. There is homework before webinar to increase the impact. Expect to spend about 1 hr/wk on homework assignments.
The workshop content is delivered from a Christian perspective.
Registration is handled by Bridge Builders Network. Click on the link below to request more info and/or to register (subject to approval by Bridge Builders Network). Please put "Worldview and Culture Workshop Series" in the subject line.