Building Interculturally Intelligent Marriages
Friday, July 5th, 2019 (6-8pm) & Saturday, July 6th, 2019 (9am-6pm | Amsterdam, Netherlands
This one-and-a-half day workshop is in collaboration with YWAM Family Ministries to build health intercultural marriages.
Would you like to…
- Better understand the culture & worldview of souse/fiancé(e), have keys to communicate effectively and build a fruitful relationship?
- Understand your own cultural worldview, how it formed your perceptions and your faith?
- Build tools & Skills to build a healthy family culture that encompasses both cultures?
The Interculturally Intelligent Marriage Workshop will help you achieve this!
The ICI Marriage Workshop is part of the Faith & Culture curriculum and gives you a solid foundation for intercultural engagement in any setting whether personal, workplace or community related using the Inter-Cultural Intelligence Framework©. It helps you to understand your own worldview, builds competencies to understand others' worldviews better and hands you tools for fruitful and effective interaction. Of course, in this workshop we focus on understanding one's spouse better, but the usefulness of the tools go beyond that.
Identifying where worldviews show up in the Bible and Christian history helps you understand why and how Christian cultures differ across the world. It also helps you understand how your spouse might experience salvation different from you, and it will enrich your understanding of what Christ did for you on the cross.
- Heartset & Mindset for intercultural interaction
- Understanding Worldviews - How do I see the world and how do you see the world?
- Worldviews in the Bible - Understanding each other's faith.
- Intercultural Communication & Conflict Resolution.
- 6Building a Family Culture where both partners (and kids) belong and thrive.
What is Inter-Cultural Intelligence or ICI?
ICI enables individuals to understand their own cultural worldview and how it impacts their behaviors, expectations and relationships with others. Thus, learning to navigate in and out of diverse cultural contexts with flexibility and sensitivity, while adapting and building a 3rd cultural space.
In plain language, ICI is a framework similar to DiSC in that it breaks down a culture into 3 observable worldviews and 12 observable dimensions, shows you where you currently stand in each of these, and hands you the tools to quickly assess another person’s culture. This would give you a strong indicator of what things are important in that culture, how to navigate it and how to act appropriately.